Easter, wedding, and Mother's Day. My host parents were the padrinos of a wedding last weekend. That means they had to pay for the veil, rings, and who knows what else! The whole week was dedicated to the wedding and people were at my house for several days starting at 4am working to prepare for the event. As much as I found it interesting, I have decided NOT to get married in Guatemala because I don't think I'd much like to wake up so early to get married. It might start my marriage on a cranky note. The day after the wedding was Mother's Day and I broke out my traje! I bought one from a friend who weaved the top herself! It is the traditional Comalapan style outfit. I felt so elegant wearing something that isn't bleached, torn, or faded from hand washing and drying in the sun. And that is what women wear here everyday. What a slob I am! I only have a month and a half left here in Guatemala with much to do still! My official departure date is June 28th. The date is sneaking up on me, and everyone seems to be treating me like it is the last time I will see them, inviting me over to dinners and lunches. It is getting close, but it isn't over yet! When I get back, I promise to tell you all about my photos, if you are interested.
Enjoy!























No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario